Howdy Guest!  / Create an account
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I have been absent.
Hello everyone. Since I used to be a very active member of the Vanillacraft community, I figured I should explain why that has changed.

I haven't been on much for the current map, or really for the past year. The main reasons for that have been high school and then college, a loss of interest and motivation for Minecraft, other games (Skyrim). However, the biggest factor has been a rather serious life event that happened at the end of last year. I don't want to go into details, but suffice it to say my life was fundamentally changed as a result. Therefore, I've been rather absent from this community. Unfortunately, that'll persist for a while longer. My computer has recently fallen victim to clumsiness, and it'll be awhile before this college kid can repair it, a month and a half at the very least.

This means I won't be around for the beginning of the new map. However, when I get things sorted out, I will be hopping on to the server. My hope is that by the time I return, I'll have regained my interest in minecraft and will be ready to once again be a part of the Vanillacraft community.

So until then, have fun on the new map. I hope to be seeing all of you soon.

PS: No, I don't want any of my items saved or anything like that. Except maybe my banners. Someone can save those for a banner museum if they feel so inclined.
Magic Dinosaur
Hey Raptor,

Thanks for checking in and I hope that you are doing OK. We will be here when/if you regain your motivation (and hardware) to play. We never remove players from the whitelist (unless they have been banned!) so we will be here for you when you get back. 

We love to have our veterian players come back but as we always say, real life comes first so take it easy and come back when the time is right Smile  

~munky

PS: I'll see about getting your banners for you Smile
No worries Raptor, please let us know if there is anything we can do, even if it's just someone to listen. VC helped me through some really crappy parts of my life, that's part of why our community means so much to me. I hope it all works out soon for you.

'Owl
Hey Raptor,

I'm still quite new to the server and I've not had the pleasure of chatting with you yet, but I wish you all the best and hope life gets better for you from this point on.

Take care, my friend.

-Rix.
Hope things work out mate.

Some times its good to have a reset.
Thanks for the support everyone. It's nice to know that I'll have friends to come back to.

Speaking of which, best case scenario for me being able to return is the end of January, so I'm crossing my fingers. Eagerly anticipating the new map.
Magic Dinosaur